Vastu Sastra: Rules for the perfect home settings
A house needs to radiate the right kind of energy to become a home. According to several conventional beliefs, each home comes with its energy type. A person comes under the influence of a specific energy field. This in turn influences him/her in one way or the other. Therefore, it is crucial to understand the linkage between the art of Vastu and our homes.
Here are the ways on how you can bring balance to your home through Vastu:
- Vastu for the main entrance: Vastu says that the main door should be built in a way that when you step out, you face north, east, or north-east direction. The main door needs to be constructed with high quality of wood. Though they may be expensive, remember they are a one-time investment. You need to avoid placing a fountain or other decorative water-centric element mainly outside the main door. Also, avoid placing a shoe rack or dustbin. There shouldn’t be a bathroom near the main door because the bathroom mainly gives a foul smell. You should never choose the color of the main door black.
- Vastu for the meditation room: The meditation room ensures spiritual growth. An individual needs to connect to a higher power. The east and northeast part of your home is perfect for meditation, yoga, and other spiritual pursuits. You ought to face east when you meditate. This will increase your positivity. You better create a sacred altar and decorate it with candles or incense sticks. Similarly, white, beige, light yellow, or green are great color options for the room.
- Vastu for the living room: The living room is the place where most of the activity is centered. Your living room creates a favorable impression when guests enter especially for social gatherings. Therefore, you need to ensure that the living room is clutter-free. The living room must face east, north, or north-east direction. The living room facing north-west is also favorable. Weighty furniture should be reserved in the west or south-west direction. All electronic appliances should be installed in the south-east section of the living room. Ensure that the mirror is placed on the north wall if there is any.
- Vastu for the square: Courtyard is said as the center of your residence and it is considered to be the holiest region of the house. The place is also considered powerful as it spreads energy according to Indian mythology. This part of your home needs to be spotless and clutter-free. A circumstance of 1 to 1.5 meters of the Brahmasthan should not have any obstructions. The placement of the kitchen, bathroom, or beam may attract negative energy which doesn’t support the sound operation of the house. In this way, it could have a greater impact on the health of your family members. You should create such a space where negative energy could pass away from your house.
- Vastu for the bedroom: Sometimes the smallest things can damage your luck that revolves around. Shastra shows how alteration of your bedroom can enhance positive energy. This may even improve relationships between couples. A good relationship between a husband and a wife supports harmony and unity. A good Vastu of the bedroom helps to positively influence your sleep. It is said that the bedroom in a south-west direction brings good health and prosperity. You need to completely avoid a bedroom in the north-east or south-east zone of the house. This may cause quarrels among couples. Vastu says to put a bed in the southwest corner of the bedroom. In this process, your head must face in the west. You should not place a mirror or television in front of the bed. Your indication must not be seen in a mirror when you are looking from the bed. Such type of reflection causes fights and other domestic violence. Violence always leads to unexpected consequences. Therefore, it is not good at all.
You should better paint your bedroom in neutral or earthy shades. It radiates positive energy. You should avoid painting your walls black. A temple, paintings depicting water, or a fountain should be avoided. This will again lead to emotional outbursts. A bedroom needs to be calm and quiet. For this, you must use mood lighting and burn aromatic oils.
Hence, the importance of Vastu has always been realized in our Hindu mythology. You should know that Vastu is always essential for a healthier life that is full of positive vibes. Vastu teaches us the scientific way of living and choosing an environment. The energy generated in the environment is very crucial as it will define the energy you build inside your mind. Vastu sastra helps in the spiritual development of mankind. It is also believed that Vastu is helpful in the birth of progeny. A good Vastu solves offspring related problems along with improving the health and wellbeing of a child.